Monday, December 10, 2018

Elevator leading edge rolling!

 Started tonight by rolling the leading edges of both elevators.  Not the most fun job but it has to be done.  I used the same PVC pipe I used on the 10's rudder and the emp parts of my RV-7 a million years ago.  It works!   I used fiber reinforced packing tape to tape the pipe to the skins.

 Then I twist it while pushing down.  I used pliers to rotate the pipe as far as it would go.

 Then I moved down to the other sections.  Flip it over and do the top side.  Then roll the other elevator the same way.

 Next I match drilled the #30 holes full size.

 All drilled.


 Next I put in the pop rivets.

All done.  I did the other elevator as well. Van's is really getting skimpy with the hardware.  I have 3 of these kind of pop rivets left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment