Monday, March 11, 2019

Today I ordered more cleco's which will bring my total to about 1050ea 3/32".  I want to have plenty by the time I get to the wings.  My theory is more is better with these jig-less assemblies to keep everything as straight as possible.

I have also been working out my plan for adding avionics shelves to the tail cone and working out my plan for provisions for a yaw damper servo. 

I have ordered some sheet stock, extra angle and hardware to do something similar to this:

Photo by http://www.tcwtech.com

I also ordered Van's RV-10 AHRS mounting kit that looks something like this when installed:

Photo by Rodrigo Damazio Bovendorp

And finally I ordered two of these ELT/Strobe mount kits Van's has for the RV-10.  My understanding is that the bracket can be flipped over and used for both sides of the 10.  One on each side will give me plenty of flexibility.

Photo by  Richard "Mouser" Williams
And I already have the Pitch and Yaw Damper Servo Mounts from Van's.  I will have to tweak the Yaw Damper servo mount a little bit since it is designed for the RV-14 but can be used with the RV-10 with a little bit of work.

Here is where I am at with that:



Now on to following the plans!

 Got started tonight by drilling the aft deck to the assembly. First I drilled these holes that go into the F-1010A angle at the top of the bulkhead that ends up being the mounting point for the front HS spar. 

 Then I drilled the sides to the longerons.  Ensuring to drill the holes straight and perpendicular to the deck.

I used the long drill to match drill these tight places.

 Long drill required here.

 Then I match reamed these two holes that get bolts using a #12 reamer.

 Next I centered and clamped this F-1011D to the HS mount bars.

 And used the long drill to match drill the holes to the deck, spacer, and the longerons.

 Then I match reamed the end holes that get bolts using a #12 reamer.

Finally I centered, clamped and match drilled the F-1012D elevator stop to the aft deck and longerons.  Finally I match reamed the end most holes of this angle using the #12 reamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment