Friday, March 15, 2019

Rear Avionics Shelves Part Two

 More napkin CAD to explain what I am doing.

 And even more napkin CAD to explain it all.

 So here I am aligning the co-pilot side shelf with the exiting battery bracket and the side skin translation assembly I created.  It was a challenge to figure out how to position it all, hold it and then match drill it in place.

 Here I added 3/4x3/4x1/16 angle to the front and rear edges of the deck plate to stiffen it all up.

 Match drilled the deck plate to the side skin translation assembly.

 Added additional match drilled holes to the battery tray.

 Match drilled the side skin/ J Stringer translation assembly to the side skin J stringer.  These will get pop rivets eventually when final assembly is done.

Next I got started fabricating the ribs that will go under the deck plate and support the shelf by tying into the bottom skin J stiffeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment