Saturday, April 13, 2019

Tail Cone Riveting Part #3

 Today I got started by riveting the J stiffeners on the right side.  Section one and two done!

Section three done.

 Section four done.


Then I riveted the aft most bulkhead on the right side.  Also riveted the rudder stop skin stiffener.



Then I worked my way forward riveting the bulkhead rivets.  You will need an avil head bar to buck the rivets that are too close to the J on the stiffeners.

And the final bulkhead.  This side is done ready to flip over.

 Then I started the aft bulkhead on the left side.  Same thing...


I went ahead and riveted the #30 rivets on the rudder stop skin stiffeners.  Had to use the double offset snap for the outside most ones.  I hate using that thing!  It is very difficult to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment