Monday, April 8, 2019

Final Tail Cone Dimpling And Started Riveting

 Got started tonight by dimpling the #30 holes on the forward most bulkhead.  This is so it will be flush to receive the baggage compartment panels.

 Then I dimpled all the bulkhead flanges except for the ones that go behind the longerons.



 Then I riveted the elevator bellcrank together.

 I alternated the rivets on the bearing.  Not required but I did it that way.

 Snapped the battery tray end parts together.  I did not rivet yet because I need to rivet my avionics trays to them first.

 Then I riveted this bulkhead.  Used a squeezer for all.



Then I riveted this bulkhead together.  Again all squeezer.



Then I riveted this bulkhead together.  I put flush rivets in the area under the Yaw Damper servo mount bracket so that it can sit flush.



And then finally I riveted the top parts of the fwd most bulkhead together.  The rest gets riveted together when the tail cone is joined to the fuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment