Friday, October 19, 2018

HS riveting


 Started this evening by placing the HS front spar, stringer, inspar ribs assembly into the cradles with the skins.
 Then I blind riveted the nose ribs to the front spar.

 Then I blind rived the second from the most outboard inspar ribs to the front spar on both sides.

 Squeezed the outboard most inspar rib to the front spar on both sides.

 Then I cleco'ed the front spar flanges to the skins.

 And started riveting the front spar flanges to the skin.

 This and a bunch of tape on the bucking bar keeps the damage to the primer to a minimum.  I just slide it down as I go.

 One side of both skins riveted to the front spar flanges.

The other side of the left side of the HS riveted to the front spar flanges.  1/4 more to go and I can start riveting the inspar rib flanges to the skins.

That is all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment