Saturday, October 20, 2018

More HS riveting....

Today we had a Young Eagles event that got rained out but we ended up doing a nice ground education session where the kids and parents were sent around to many different "stations" each with a different aviation related education session going on.  Then they fed them burgers.  Great thing!

Also I have maintenance shutdown this week at work and when that happens, I have to work weekends to get projects done.  That left me with little time to rivet on the HS tonight.

 Started tonight by finishing up riveting the front spar flange to skin rivets on the top right side.  All of the front spar flange rivets are done.

Next I cleco'ed the inboard four inspar rib flanges and the stringers to the skins on both sides.

Then the directions have you rivet the four inboard most inspar rib flanges to the skins up to the stringers and stop.  No idea why they have you stop at the stringers but I just follow directions.  Top right done.

Top left done.

Bottom left done.

Then I went on to rivet the stringers to the skins on both sides top and bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment