Friday, September 28, 2018

Horizontal Stabilizer Priming...and a few other things!

 Started this evening with scrubbing all the HS front and rear spar parts with BonAmi and maroon scotchbrite pads.  Then lay the parts out to dry.  I speed up the drying process by blowing off the parts with compressed air and turning a large fan on them.

 While I wait for them to dry, I scuffed up all the powdercoated steel hinge brackets.  These will get painted with the plane and if you don't scuff them now, it is very hard to do properly later.

 Next while waiting I started prepping the ribs per the directions.  You have to cut some of the flanges off of 4 of them.  2 get 2 flanges removed and 2 only get 1 removed.

 I used the bandsaw to make the necessary cuts.

 Here they are all cut.

 Next I bent the nose of the two ribs that had both flanges cut off per the directions.

 And on the same two ribs you have to tweak the end flange a bit.

 Mixed up 12oz of AKZO and it is cooking off in the PPS cup.  Love this PPS system.  Very easy to cleanup!

Parts all primed!  I ran out of primer on the very last part of the last pass on the spars.  Got lucky!  That is it for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment