Monday, September 10, 2018

First priming session with AKZO

 Made a priming rack out of some saw horses, scrap wood, and chicken wire.

Scrubbing the parts with maroon scotchbrite pads and Bonami.  It was raining outside so I am doing it inside the garage door opening.

 Drying the parts.

M
This stuff seems to work as well as all the hype.  It has all the right stuff and none of the wrong according to the brain trust on VAF.  It cleans off the grease and oils, helps remove the oxidation, and sprays off nice and clean with a hose.

 VS skin ready to prime.

 
All the parts primed and drying.  I mixed up 12 oz the first round and ran about a half oz short.  Had to  mix up a bit more to finish up. 

VS skin all primed.

Loving the PPS paint gun system.  Super easy to clean.  I may have to get a smaller cup size however because I think the larger one is gonna waste a bit of primer at the end of a batch.  I may also get one of those primer pistols for very small priming jobs.

So far the AKZO sprays as well as everyone says it does.  I am hoping that it is also as durable as everyone claims.


No comments:

Post a Comment