Thursday, November 29, 2018

Elevator Rear Spar Riveting

 Tonight I squeezed the rivets that fasten the rear elevator spar to the aft rib flanges.

 On the outboard end I also attached the shear clip

 On the inboard end I attached this angle clip/brace.

 On this one due to the limited clearance I used the hand squeezer to hit the rivets that hold the inboard shear clip on.  The hand squeezer is much more narrow.

 Rear spar all riveted in place...on the bottom right skin.  This one gets the entire length riveted at this time.  I also did the top left one.  It does not get riveted where the trim tab hinge goes....yet!

These rivets where the skin hangs over are too far to reach with the squeezer.  I had to blind buck these by following the directions on how to clamp it down and reach under and buck them.  Had to drill a few out that clubbed over.  The outboard most one near the shear clip is a real pain to buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment