Thursday, January 17, 2019

Tail Cone bottom stiffener and bulkhead drilling

 Started tonight by adding the vertical extension to my new saw horses.  This gets them up high enough to clear all the bulkheads.  Easy peasy.

 Then I cleco'ed the aft three bulkheads to the bottom skin.  This is a bit challenging to align.

 Then I slid the two fwd stiffeners into place.

 Then I aligned the centerline with the holes and aligned the starting point to the fwd most hole and drilled the stiffeners to the skin with my new 4000rpm drill.  Man I love this thing!  Makes fast work of these holes!

 Here are the fwd end of the fwd stiffeners all drilled.

 And then I drilled the aft end of the fwd stiffeners to the skin.  Go carefully and make sure the line stays in the middle of the holes!

 Then I slid in the aft center stiffener and drilled it the same way.

 Then I cleco'ed these two bellcrank ribs to the assembly.

 And match reamed their holes that are common with the skin.  I could not find anywhere in the directions on when to do this so I did it now.

 Then I match drilled these bellcrank rib flange to bulkhead web rivet holes to #30.  Used a 12" drill bit to make it easier to align.

Here are the stiffeners and bellcrank ribs all drilled to the bottom skin.  I love the new drill!

No comments:

Post a Comment