Thursday, August 9, 2018

DRDT-2 frame build part 1

Ordered the steel to make my own DIY frame for the DRDT-2 dimpling machine.  I built one of these for my original RV-7 I built and found this tool to be a Godsend.  I would never build another metal airplane without one of these.

Here is an example of a finished tool:

Photo Credit: Experimental AERO

This tool was created from the mind of Paul Merems.  He started a company way back when selling these tools.  His website can be found here: Experimental AERO


Photo Credit: Experimental AERO

Photo Credit: Experimental AERO














Paul is kind enough to put the plans for building your own frame on his website.  He did a great job with the mechanical design!

I was able to purchase the steel for the frame wholesale thru a contact at my work and it should be here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment